The Association of Independent Retirees (AIR) makes comment via media releases on Government policy changes or announcements that are in the interests of our members or retirees in general.
We distribute our media releases to organisations in the print, online and broadcast media.
If you work in the media and want to receive our media releases via email, please contact our media coordinator listed at the end of each media release or via the Contact Us page.
Our media releases are often referenced in local, capital city and national publications.
“The announcement by the Government to extend the temporary halving of the minimum superannuation drawdown amount is welcomed by retirees. In times of financial crisis or market volatility that we have seen with the GFC or the COVID-19 pandemic, retirees need greater flexibility in the minimum amount they are required to draw down from their superannuation,” said Mr. Wayne Strandquist, President of the Association of Independent Retirees.
“Retirees welcome the allocation of more funding in the Federal Budget to improve the quality and safety of the aged care system and some additional measures to retirement savings,” said Mr. Wayne Strandquist, President of the Association of Independent Retirees.
“Action by the Reserve Bank to reduce the official cash interest rate by 0.15% to just 0.10% increases the financial pain for fully and partly self-funded retirees,” said Mr Wayne Strandquist, President of the Association of Independent Retirees.
- 2021-06-28_Retirees_Welcome_the_'Your_Future_Your_Super'_Reforms_to_Superannuation [144.6 KB]
- 2021-06-10_Retirees_Welcome_Extension_of_Temporary_Superannuation_Drawdown_Relief [100.16 KB]
- 2021-05-14_Retirees_Welcome_Budget_Increase_for_Aged_Care_and_Greater_Flexibility_for_Super_Contributions [128 KB]
- 2020-11-22_Report_On_Retirement_Income_Welcomed [122.71 KB]
- 2020-11-03_Cut_In_Interest_Rate_Is_Another_Kick_In_The_Guts_For_Retirees [100.22 KB]
- 2020-10-07_Budget_Leaves_Self-Funded_Retirees_Hung_Out_To_Dry [130.86 KB]
- 2020-05-19_Self-Funded_Retirees_Seek_Assistance [102.54 KB]
- 2020-05-13_Retirees_Who_Saved_For_Their_Retirement_Overlooked_By_The_Government [135.82 KB]
- 2020-03-22_MR_Retirees_Seek_Relief_on_Superannuation_Drawdown [611.85 KB]
- 2020-02-16_MR_Triple_Whammy_Hits_Self-Funded_Retirees [141.32 KB]
- 2019-10-03_MR_Retirees_miss_out_with_RBA_0.25_percent_cut [149.23 KB]
- 2019-10-01_MR_Retirees_Seek_Certainty_in_Review_of_Retirement_Income_System [190.85 KB]
- 2019-07-02_MR_Lower_Interest_and_Unfair_Deeming_Rate [105.68 KB]
- 2019-06-05_Retirees_Concerned_About_Cut_in_Interest_Rate [112.61 KB]
- 2019-05-27_MR-Retirees_Need_Financial_Certainty_in_Retirement [145.65 KB]
- 2019-05-13_MR_Public_Hoodwinked_on_Franking_Credits_Policy [175.79 KB]
- 2019-05-07_Wage_Increase_for_Workers-Income_Cut_for_Retirees [147.33 KB]
- 2019-04-28_50_percent_Increase_in_CGT_Massive_Slug [150.04 KB]
- 2019-04-22_Retirees_Question_Research_for_Labor_Policies [154.71 KB]
- 2019-04-15_Retirees_Seek_Policy_Stability_and_a_Fair_Go [227.79 KB]
- 2019-04-03_Retirees_Welcome_More_Budget_Funding_for_Aged_Care [147.04 KB]
- 2019-02-14_Labor_Franking_Credit_policy_severely_disadvantages_self-funded_retirees [106.43 KB]
- 2018-11-03_Alliance_Summit [86.9 KB]
AIR President Wayne Strandquist on ABC Radio National
7 October 2020 Click to listen to the interview
AIR President Wayne Strandquist on SBS
Wayne is interviewed in response to Media Release Triple Whammy Hits Self-Funded Retirees.